A trip of a thousand miles begins with the first step. We have heard that before. It isn't the first step that scares me. In the beginning, I am full of enthusiasm and ideas. It is after the initial excitement wears off that things get more challenging. This is where the "work" begins. Before this it seems like play because I am full of joy and thinking of all the possibilities.
So now that you are past the honeymoon and you wake up to bed hair. Thoughts like "What have I gotten myself into?" and "This is too hard and I should quit" run through your head. Here are some ways to cope with this stage of creating.
1. Tell this inner critic to "SHUT UP. Go nag someone with less confidence." You are too strong to stop now.
2. Keep visualizing your goal. I know you have probably heard this before but you may need that reminder. Just don't see yourself reaching your goal. Allow yourself to feel the feelings of success. Throw back your shoulders. Pump your arm in the air and shout. "YES I DID IT!"
3. Remember that despite what successful people say. They have ALL gone through this stage.
4. You dared to dream it, therefore, you can achieve it. Keep Believing.
5. In the future you can either say "I DID IT" or "I wish I had at least tried." Which do you want to say?